The primary function of Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) is to provide convenient facilities to Devotees of Balaji. There are many large choultries providing free unfurnished rooms for families to stay in reasonable comfort. These facilities are given below.
- General Facilities to pilgrims at Tirumala-Tirupati.
2) TTD also provides Free Transportation facility of luggage. The pilgrims can deposit their luggage at the toll gate at Alipiri in Tirupati, against a token and take delivery of the luggage at the central reception office counter at Tirumala.
3) Pilgrim Amenities Complex with all facilities.
4) Facility for Rest.
5) Sale of Cool drinks, food packets, mineral water etc. at reasonable rates.
6) Drinking water facility, even on roads also.
7) Toilet facility.
8) Security Guards, Gurkhas and the police for patrolling all time to prevent unwary pilgrims from
being cheated or robbed by unscrupulous elements.
9) For entertainment of devotee, Relay of religious programmes through local broadcasting system provided by TTD.
- Facilities to pilgrims in the queue halls:
2) Catering inside the halls by T.T.D. Canteen.
3) Devotees can purchase food packets & mineral water etc. at reasonable prices.
4) Facility for First Aid
5) Toilet & bath room facility also available in queue hall.
6) Relay of devotional programmes and music for entertainment of pilgrims.
7) Free Cloakroom facility & shoe-keeping centres are available near Vaikuntam Queue Complex (VQC) and Kalyanakatta.
8) A Security officer posted at the main gate of the temple (Mahadwar) to prevent malpractices. An officer also for look after the comforts and facilities of the pilgrims in the VQC.
- Other facility for pilgrims:
2) Bus/Railway Booking Office: You can book Bus ticket for inter-city travel at Central Reception Office of the TTD. A Railway Booking Office is also located here to all destinations.
3) Automobile Clinic: In case your vehicle breakdowns on the ghat road then passengers can contact the Toll gates either at Tirupati or at Tirumala. For repairing of vehicle a mobile van with mechanics come as soon as possible. Its charges are depends on case.
4) Guest House Canteen: Sri Venkateswara Guest House Canteen of TTD with most modern amenities provides wholesome food at moderate rates.
5) Announcement Service: Broadcasting service station at opposite of the main Temple helps to make announcements about missing persons etc.
6) Free Meals Facility: The salutary free meals provided to the devotees of Balaji in the TTD Canteen Complex from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Continuously free meals coupons distributed inside the temple after worshiping of God Venketshwar.
7) Facility for the handicapped: TTD provide special facility to the people who are mentally or physically handicapped. Handicapped Person can take direct entry in the temple on certain conditions.
8) Complaints: If devotees have any complaints about TTD facility and any other, they can contact Chief Vigilance Officer & Public Relations Officer with their complaints. They can also drop their written complaints in the Complain box provided by TTD at enquiry offices.
9) E- Darshan Facility: E-Darshan means Online Darshan. E-Darshan facility is available at all district headquarters in Andhra Pradesh. Even E-Darshan facility is available at New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pondicherry, Kolhapur, Pune, Salem, Erode, Bhimavaram and Naidupeta. All the darshan counters are managed by TTD.