Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam is also known as TTD. It is a management committee in tirumala which controls the pilgrims of tirumala-tirupati area. TTD is not only control the tirupati-temples but also participate in various social, religious, literary and educational activities within Andhra Pradesh and India.
Background of TTD trust
In 1933 AD, the Madras government passed a special act, and empowered the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) committee to control all the activities of temple in tirumala-tirupati area, through a commissioner appointed by the madras government. Again in 1951, the act which was passed in 1933, replaced by enactment whereby the administration of TTD was entrusted to a Board of Trustees and an executive officer was appointed by the government.
The Executive Officer is the chief executive of TTD. He controls all activities of TTD. It includes arrangement and record of collection of income and payment of expenses, safety of pilgrims and other related work with tirupati temple. Now-a-days, TTD employs about 14000 people to maintain the 12 temples and their sub-shrine under its control along with the execution of its social activities.
Objectives of TTD
The main objective of the TTD is to provide convenient facilities to the devotees of lord Venkateswara. All facilities which we show in tirumala- tirupati, these facilities are mostly provided by TTD. Other objective of TTD is given below.
1) TTD works towards preserving the serenity and sanctity of the sacred Tirumala-Tirupati area.
2) It participated in various social, religious, literary and educational activities within Andhra Pradesh and India.
3) TTD also provides aid to authors and subsidised equipment to other temples.
4) Provision for water supply, sanitary arrangements, roads and communications, lighting and electricity were also included.
5) To provide training to priests.
Address/ contact office :
Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
TTD Administrative Building,
K.T. Road, Tirupati 517 501,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Phone No. : +91-0877-2230166 (Tirupati)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org